Meet Zoom - the Daily Boost mascot!
Named by Faatimah Ismail from Brocks Hill Primary School
The Daily Boost
Children and young people should aim to be active for at least 1 hour of physical activity each day. 30 minutes of their daily target can and should be achieved at school.
The Daily Boost is here to help! It's so easy to get involved, and it's FREE!
The Daily Boost aims to encourage children and young people to do 15 minutes of organised activity at school every day. This could be before school, at lunchtime, after school, or during the school day in an 'active lesson'. Children and young people could walk, run, skip, hop or jump around a set lap or loop at school. Or simply do their favourite sport or activity that gets them active – dancing, cycling, scooting, anything!
Physical activity for children and young people is essential as it helps to;
- Improve attention levels at school
- Develop coordination
- Strengths muscles and bones
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Sleep better zzz...
- Improve mood and feel good!
It's so simple to get involved:
- Simply register your school here
- Receive your Daily Boost resources, including; posters, flyers and classroom wallcharts
- Speak to your pupils about what activity they would like to do
- Plan what activities you're doing and when they're take place with each of your year groups
- After every 'Boost', record your pupils participation on your classroom wallcharts
- At the end of each term, record your class and school totals on the 'Boost' website to earn Certificates and 'Boost Bands'!
The Daily Boost is free* and all schools and early years settings will receive resources and rewards and access to this website to log all activity on the Boost Tracker!
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport are working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council to deliver the Daily Boost. The Daily Boost has been funded by Leicestershire County Council's Public Health Department.
*Due to funding, the Daily Boost is free for Leicestershire schools and early years settings, with a small charge for Leicester City and Rutland Schools.
"The children and staff have been fully engaged and loving the Daily Boost. Every single class in our school does an absolute minimum of 15 minutes a day - lots do more.
Our children do a range of things from 15 minutes of GoNoodle, yoga, fitness or a daily mile. Our school is passionate about becoming an Active School and the Daily Boost is a huge aspect of this.
My children in class Elmer (Year 1/2) come in every morning and start their day with a Daily Boost - they all chant "All active so we're ready to learn!".
For more information please contact:
Assistant Sports Development Officer
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- 01509 564871