Terms and Conditions
(Team Leicestershire and Daily Boost)
- Team Leicestershire and the Daily Boost are managed by Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport, developed by Cuttlefish, and where relevant delivered by School Sport and Physical Activity Networks and/or Schools.
- Team Leicestershire and the Daily Boost is open to all Schools within Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland.
- By registering or by completing the registration form on the website, schools/users confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Pupil data within Team Leicestershire is encrypted at rest with AES encryption which is an industry standard method of encryption. The data cannot be accessed unless via the application itself, and we have taken relevant steps to harden the application to ensure that data is not leaked or revealed to anyone who shouldn't be seeing the data. In addition we encrypt all of our website traffic with TLS, this allows the client and the website to communicate seamlessly while offering a tough to crack communication channel. Once the data has been processed, the original data file is deleted immediately. All data is stored on EU servers.
Where systems are hosted externally by suppliers, the hosting is subject to stringent, best practice standards.
The Council monitor IT supplier performance and engage in proactive account management. All LCC systems are backed up on a regular basis and have formal disaster recovery arrangements.
Please note that viewable SIMS data on the website (although limited to the necessary users) is only as secure as the weakest password. Therefore, it is advised that schools who use the platform use a secure password, update their password regularly and never share it with anyone else.
Participants Health & Safety
- Before taking part in sport and physical activity schools should ensure that; participants prepare and train properly for their activity, warm up and cool down before and after an event, seek medical advice if they have any doubts about their ability to take part in any activity, take particular care if they are undertaking intensive physical activity of a type, or at a level, which is new to them, and always be aware of the safety of other participants, spectators and the general public.
- All participants take part in Team Leicestershire/Daily Boost at their own risk. All schools must ensure that any other sports equipment they use are in a good condition and must meet the recognised safety standards for the chosen sport/ activity. All participants must ensure that they follow good/ safe practice and wear relevant protective clothing for any sport or physical activity they choose to perform.
- Neither the developers, partners or supporters/sponsors of Team Leicestershire/Daily Boost accept responsibility for any incident, accident or injury sustained or property damaged in the course of anyone's participation.
- Registration is done via the websites.
- To take administrative control of a school on this website, you must have approval from your organisations management to do so.
- Team Leicestershire/Daily Boost shall not be held responsible for any late, incomplete, corrupted or incorrect registrations as a result of any software or hardware failure, postal delay or otherwise.
LRS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Fair Processing Notice.
The following Fair Processing Notice applies to the data uploaded by your school to the LRS Active Schools website and includes information about your pupils. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, you remain the data controller of your school and pupil data. LRS are a data processor.