We are recruiting!
Posted: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 10:26
We are seeking to recruit a Sports Development Officer to support the delivery and developments of programmes linked to the Ambition and Foundation areas of the LRS Physical Activity & Sport Strategy in order to reduce inactivity and increase participation within physical activity and sport.
There will be a specific focus on (although not limited to):
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland Active Schools County Competition Calendar
- Delivering County level school sport competition finals, including the Level 3 School Games (Championships and Super Series Finals) and Team Leicestershire Finals
- Managing and further developing the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Active Schools website, including school fixtures and results and all competition monitoring and evaluation
- Ensuring strong continued relationships with National Governing Bodies of Sport, School Sport Associations, School Games Organisers, Heads of PE and schools.
Closing date: Thursday 21st February 2019. For more information and how to apply click here.
We are seeking to recruit a well organised, skilled and creative professional to cover our existing Marketing & Communications Officers maternity leave. The appointed candidate will lead a work area of growing importance to LRS and oversee the delivery of our existing Marketing & Communications Plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of all marketing and communications activities, plans and projects for LRS.
- Support the LRS team and its partners effectively promote events, programmes and campaigns
- Oversee the content management and development of the LRS website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Effectively utilise digital design tools for the creation of in-house videos, infographics, and design work to engage potential audiences
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self motivated individual with a talent for creative writing and content production. Knowledge and previous experience of managing an organisations website and social media presence is essential. Being able to plan ahead and having a methodical approach to delivering your workload in a busy environment would be a distinct advantage.
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 2019. For more information and how to apply click here.
The post of Assistant Sports Development Officer is a 30 hours per week position at Grade 8 £21,144 - £23,111 pro rata, on an initial 12 month fixed term contract (subject to annual funding). With a relevant BTEC Higher/NVQ4 or degree you will have a proven track record of working in physical activity/sport and or community development. You will also have experience of project management and partnership working.
You will support the delivery of specific projects, programmes and initiatives helping to ensure that they are delivered on time and on budget. Examples only - this is not a definitive list: Active Schools, Early Years, Satellite Clubs, Physical Activity Intervention programmes, School Sport Competition programmes, Workplace Health.
Closing date: Thursday 28th February 2019. For more information and how to apply click here.